If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall: Gorton's recalls Gorton's VIP Fish Sticks, 2.4 oz (Lot #0265, 0266 & 0272) because the product may contain hard plastic pieces.
- Food Safety Recall (Retail Distribution): Several of the Haifa smoked fish product varieties, which were recalled last week by D & M Smoked Fish, Inc., were sold at ShopRite, a regional grocery chain with stores in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania.
- Pet Food Safety Recall (Retail Distribution): Blue Buffalo dog food products that were recalled on October 8th by Blue Buffalo, were sold at PETCO, a national chain of specialty pet product stores.
- Food Safety Notification Update (EU #2010.1362): Salmonella spp. in salami from Italy; distributed to Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1363): Salmonella Reading in dog chew from Germany; distributed to Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1364): Unauthorized substance leucomalachite green in frozen tilapia steaks from China; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1365): Diarrhoeic Shellfish Poisoning (DSP) toxins in mussels (Mytilus sp) from Italy; distributed to France and Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1366): Unauthorised substance phenylbutazone in horse meat from the United Kingdom; distributed to France and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1367): Prohibited substance heptachlor in fresh carrots with green leaves from Belgium; distributed to Belgium and France.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.