If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall: Heritage Candy Company (Van Nuys, CA) recalls Casa De Dulce Salted Plums w/Chile (1.5 ounce clear bag), imported from Taiwan, after tests by the California Department of Public Health detected elevated levels of lead.
- Food Safety Recall: Kosher First LLC (Brooklyn, NY) recalls Tuv Taam Salads Nova Lox Salad (17-ounce plastic container; sell by 12/03/210), due to Listeria monocytogenes contamination. The recalled product was distributed to Costco locations in New York and New Jersey.
- OTC Topical Pharmaceutical Safety Recall: GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) recalls Emo-Cort 2.5% Lotion (Lot #SR6), due to the presence of mold contamination. This contamination exposes Canadians who use the product and who have weakened immune systems to developing a local or more widespread fungal infection. GSK recently recalled a similar product, Emo-Cort 1% (Lot #12R7) due to mold contamination. The company has put on hold all of its Emo-Cort products at the manufacturing facility pending their investigation.
- Food Safety Alert (Ireland): Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) has been notified that a sample of Beechvale Natural Still Water (500ml plastic bottle; Batch code: end September 2011) was found to contain E. coli. Although E. coli may be non-pathogenic, it is an indicator of faecal contamination and renders the water unsafe and in breach of microbiological criteria for bottled water. FSAI is investigating.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Inco recalls fresh and iced mackerel fillets (invoice item #65044), sold to restaurants, institutions and individual retail outlets on Zealand, after receiving reports of histamine poisoning in people who consumed the fish.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Magnihill Danmark recalls ScanAgra brand frozen raspberries (bags of 2500g; production date 12.08.2010; best before 12.08.2012; lot #03021208), due to contamination with norovirus. The recalled berries were sold wholesale through a particular Credin bakery partner.
Australia and New Zealand
- Cosmetic Product Safety Recall (Australia): Dateline Imports Pty Ltd recalls all batches of Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy, Smoothing Therapy for Blond Hair and Express Blow Out, because the products contain excessive formaldehyde. The recalled hair smoothing treatment products were sold nationally for salon use only.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.