If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Public Health Alert: USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has issued a Public Health Alert for an undetermined amount of various meat and poultry products produced without the benefit of Federal inspection by N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc. (Brooklyn, NY). Federal inspection services at N.Y. Gourmet Salads were suspended in November 2009. Evidence collected during an ongoing FSIS investigation shows that the establishment has been producing meat and poultry products and distributing them into commerce. The implicated products were produced between March 11, 2010 and October 29, 2010 and distributed to retail establishments in New York.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Safety Recall (France): Laboratoire Leurquin-Mediolanum recalls Dimetane Sans Sucre Sirop contre la Toux Sèche (Dimetane sugar-free syrup for dry coughs), Lot C48 because of an excessive amount of active ingredient in the syrop.
- Medical Device Safety Recall (France): Johnson and Johnson Vision Care recalls 1 Day Acuvue TruEye™ disposable contact lenses. This is an expansion of an earlier recall, which was announced in August 2010. The affected lenses can be identified by lot numbers in the ranges of 492273-492498 and 502080-502269.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Israel): Maadanei Miki recalls Matjas herring (200g; Bar code 7290002014133; Expiration date November 25, 2010), due to contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.