If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Alert: Tops Friendly Markets recalls Gerber 1 Cereal Oatmeal, 8 oz. (UPC 1500000702; Code date 02JAN11 US702, 00025157A3) after receiving three customer complaints, in three separate stores in diffrent market areas. The product may contain insects. The stores all received their product from the same warehouse in Brattleboro, VT. This is not an official Gerber recall, but has been issued as a precaution by Tops.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Aldi recalls whole grilled chicken (1200-1300g; expiry 5 October 2010), imported from Germany, after Campylobacter was found in the chicken.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1325): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis (live) of anglerfish (Llophius piscatorius) from France; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1326): Aflatoxins in pinenut kernels from China, via the Netherlands; distributed to Norway.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1327): Methomyl in grapes from Turkey; distributed to Lithuania.
- Allergy and Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1328): Undeclared hazelnut and suspicion of mycotoxins in chocolate bars with almonds or hazelnuts from Switzerland; distributed to Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1329): Illegal import of and fraudulent health certificate(s) for Alaska pollock Filet (Thereagra chalcogramma) from China; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1330): Parasitic infestation with microsporidia in frozen hoki fillets (Macruronus magelanicus) from Argentina; distributed to Lithuania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1331): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled anglerfish (Lophius piscatorius) from the United Kingdom, via France; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1332): Salmonella in chocolate from Greece, manufactured in Poland; distributed to Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1333): Methomyl in green table grapes from Turkey; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1334): Migration of epoxidised soybean oil from lid of glass jars containing lime pickles from the United Kingdom, via the Netherlands; distributed to Germany.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1335): Plastic fragments (to loosen already under normal conditions) in and migration of primary aromatic amines from kitchen utensil from China; distributed to Germany.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1336): Salmonella spp. and high count of Enterobacteriaceae in dog chew from Sri Lanka; distributed to Belgium and the United Kingdom.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.