If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Munchkin Inc. (North Hills, CA) recalls Bathtub Subs, because the intake valve on the bottom of the submarine toy can suck up loose skin, posing laceration hazard to children.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall (Denmark): Baby Dan A/S recalls Chicco Baby Pacifier (Lot 1009120051/12/2009; manufactured by Artsana spa, Italy), because of the presence of nitrosamines above the permitted limit.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1396): Migration of formaldehyde and too high level of total migration from melamine bowls from China; distributed to Poland.
- Allergy Alert Notificatin (EU #2010.1397): Undeclared soya in shrimp flavoured instant noodles from Thailand; distributed to Belgium, Greece and Romania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1398): Omethoate in Cha om leaf from Thailand; distributed to the Netherlands.
- Allergy Alert Notification EU #2010.1399): Undeclared gluten in soy and oyster sauces from Thailand; distributed to Belgium, Greece and Romania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1400): High count of Escherichia coli in prepared frozen clams (Venus gallina) from Turkey, via Greece; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1401): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled mackerel (Scomber scombrus) from France; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1402): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon and salmon carpaccio from France; distributed to France and Luxembourg. The recalled products were sold from September 20th onward throughout France in retail stores and food service operations, notably in Léon de Bruxelles, Disneyland Paris and Pino pizza. The recall was initiated on October 5th, but neither the name of the manufacturer nor the brand(s) under which the salmon products were marketed have been released.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1403): Mercury in fresh greater amberjack (Seriola dumerili) from Croatia; distributed to Slovenia.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Products Safety Recall: Universal Pharmaceutical Laboratories Limited recalls 20 products manufactured on one of its production lines, due to the presence of a damaged sieve used in the production line. This is a follow-up to an earlier recall, announced on October 6th after a consumer complained about a metal wire found in a tablet of Bronco-DM. Please follow the live link to access a list of the recalled products.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.