If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Recall/Withdrawal: Food City reports that Gunnoe has recalled the 24-oz. size of Gunnoe Potato Salad, Gunnoe Macaroni Salad and Gunnoe Cole Slaw. No details were given.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Chiquita Brands International, Inc. and Fresh Express, Incorporated (Cincinnati, OH) that a May/June 2010 inspection of the company's Salinas, California food manufacturing facility revealed evidence of misbranding of Chiquita brand Pineapple Bites with Coconut and Pineapple Bites products.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Gold Coast Trading Co. (Bronx, NY) that a May 2010 inspection of the company's seafood processing and importer establishment revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation, and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. (Gardena, CA) that a recent label review determined that the company's Cup Noodles® With Shrimp is misbranded, as the product bears the phrase “0 g Trans Fat,” a nutrient content claim, on the principal display panel of the product label, but fails to bear the required disclosure statement.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns MN Airlines LLC d/b/a/ Sun Country Airlines (Mendota Heights, MN) that a June 2010 inspection of the company's airline conveyance facility (San Diego, CA) revealed significant violations of applicable sections of the Interstate Conveyance Sanitation regulations promulgated under the Public Health Service Act.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Euro Gourmet, Inc. (Beltsville, MD) that a March 2010 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious deviations from the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Regulations.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Aurion A/S recalls Hirse – Den første grød (Millet - The first porridge), Demeter quality (700g bags; Best before 17/05/2011), because the product may contain small pieces of blue plastic bags. The recalled millet was sold at a few Super Best stores and in health food stores across Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1368): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled gutted anglerfish (Lophius piscatorius) from the United Kingdom; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1369): Mercury in food supplements from China, via Norway; distributed to Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1370): Oxamyl in fresh white pepper from unknown origin, via Hungary; distributed to the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1371): Salmonella in frozen tomatoes from Spain; distributed to France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1372): Victoria pure blue bo in frozen white fish fillets from Vietnam; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1373): Methamidophos, ethion and triazophos in raw red chilli from the United Kingdom; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1374): Metal pieces and pieces of wood in frozen cod hearts from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1375): Salmonella Saint Paul in chilled turkey breast fillets from Poland; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1376): Suspicion of fraud - expiry dates changed of table eggs from Poland, via Germany; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU# 2010.1377): Mold growth in sweet baked snack from Italy; distributed to Italy and Spain.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.