If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Allergy Alert: Rising Dough Bakery (Sacramento, CA) recalls all Rising Dough Brand Individual Wrapped Cranberry Muffins topped with Streusel Crumbs (4 oz, UPC 0 48055 41359 8) because the muffins contain undeclared walnuts. The recalled Cranberry Muffins were sold in retail stores nationwide.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Banner Mountain Sprouts recalls non-organic Alfalfa Sprouts due to possible Salmonella contamination. The recalled sprouts were distributed in Oregon, Southwest Washington, and Northern California. The California Department of Public Health has released a retail distribution list detailing the California locations where the recalled sprouts were sold.
- Food Recall: Price Chopper recalls Price Chopper Steamable Cut Wax Beans, 12 oz. bag (UPC 4173501015) due to a poor quality.
- Food Safety Recall Expanded: Raw oysters harvested between September 7 and September 21, 2010 from site 23-6 of the Effingham Inlet Vancouver Coastal region of British Columbia are being recalled by the following additional processors and distributors, because they may contain foodborne pathogens: Evening Cove Oyster Processing Ltd. (Nanaimo), Albion Fisheries Ltd. (Victoria), Pacific Rim Shellfish (2003) Corporation (Vancouver), Albion Fisheries Ltd. (Vancouver), and Sea World Fisheries Ltd. (Vancouver). There have been confirmed cases of Norovirus gastroenteritis associated with the consumption of these raw oysters. The investigation into the illnesses is ongoing.
- Food Safety Advisory (UK): Following information received via a sampling programme, the Food Standards Agency is informing local authorities that the non-permitted additive morpholine has been found on some apples imported to the UK from Chile. Food business operators have been advised that affected apples should not be on sale in the UK.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Royal Leverpostej A/S recalls Minced beef and patties formed from ground beef (Lot #3711074) after Salmonella Dublin was found in a sample of the minced beef.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.