If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall: The Pictsweet Company (Bells, TN) recalls certain codes of store brand products containing frozen Green Peas because some of the packages may contain glass fragments, which may cause injury if ingested. The recalled products include Kroger Green Peas, 12 oz. (UPC 11110 89736; Codes 1440BU, 1440BV, 1440BW and 1600BD), Kroger Peas and Carrots, 12 oz. (UPC 11110 89741; Codes 1960BD and 1960BE), Great Value Steamable Sweet Peas, 12 oz. (UPC 78742 08369; Best by July 20, 2010 and July 21, 2012), and Great Value Steamable Mixed Vegetables, 12 oz. (UPC 78742 08026; Best by July 15, 2012). The recalled products were distributed only to Kroger stores in the Southeast USA and to Walmart stores (Great Value brand) throughout the USA.
- Food Safety Recall: Pats Exotic Beverages Inc. (Bronx, NY) recalls all packages of Carrot Juice beverage, Carrot Beet beverage, Carrot Lime beverage, and Cucumber beverage, because the products have been determined to be inadequately processed and may contain food borne pathogens. The recalled products were sold from retail outlets in the New York City metropolitan area.
- Food Recall: Heluva Good recalls Heluva Good Special Reserve X-Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 8 oz. (Code date 5/20/11), because the product may contain a chemical odor.
- Medical Device Safety Recall (Update): Excelsior Medical Corporation recalls 5mL-fill in 6cc prefilled normal saline (0.9% NaCl) flush syringes (Product codes E0100-50, 10056-1000, 10056-240, 14056-240, 910056-1000 and S5) because some of the syringes may leak and lose sterility.
- Food Safety Alert (Denmark): A mobile task force from Denmark's Food Authority raided an illegal slaughter business located at Kæret 5, 6990 Ulfborg and confiscated nearly 2 tons of meat, including carved roast, smoked venison, smoked sliced meat and 1,500 salamis. All of the confiscated products came from deer that were slaughtered and processed in an unlicensed and uninspected facility. Consumers are urged to discard any products purchased from this illegal operation.
- Food Recall (Belgium): Alpro recalls Alpro Light, 1L (Product number 80000484; production codes A360815.42 through A360816.27; expiration date 6/6/2011), after receiving a consumer complaint that the product was off-color. The discoloration was caused by incorrect use of a cleaning product. All of the recalled Alpro Light, 1L packages were shipped to Colruyt.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.