If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Safety Alert: New York State Agriculture Commissioner Patrick Hooker warns consumers not to eat "Salted Holland Herring" sold by Brighton Bazaar Inc. (1007 Brighton Beach Avenue, Brooklyn, NY), because the product was found to be uneviscerated. The "Salted Holland Herring" was sold from the above retail store to consumers in the New York City Metro area. The product was offered for sale as a bulk item in the seafood cooler. The product is uncoded and is a product of Russia.
- Food Recall: Dulces De La Rosa recalls De La Rosa Super Giant Marshmallows (Lot codes 179102, 179103, 181102, 182102 and 183103), sold at Buehler's retail stores, because of minor traces of mold growth.
- Food Recall: Food City advises its customers that John Morrell Off The Bone Honey Ham, 9 oz tub has been recalled. No details have been provided.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Tropical Bakery Wholesale (Hialeah, FL) that a May/June 2010 inspection of the company's bakery revealed serious violations of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice in Manufacturing, Packing, or Holding Human Food (CGMP) regulations.
- Food Safety Recall (Luxembourg): Alpro Comm. VA/SCA recalls Alpro LIGHT 1L carrying the product number 80000484 (production codes A360815.42 through A360816.27; expiration date 6/6/2011), because of an off-color, caused by the erroneous use of a cleaning product. The recalled beverage was distributed only in Colruyt stores.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): M&K Polish Goods Ltd., Donney European Ltd., Expo Foods (Midlands) Ltd. and Food Art UK Ltd. recall all batches of Sokolów Home Black Pudding Sausage, because the product is contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The product is also sold under the name Grill Black Pudding Sausage.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Inco Kød Aut. 2766 recalls minced pork and minced pork and veal products marked with packing date 18-10-2010, because Salmonella was found in the minced pork.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Dansk Supermarked recalls Smokehouse smoked pork tenderloin, 350g (produced in Poland; package dates October 16 and October 17, 2010; best before November 15 and November 16, 2010), because the product is contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Dansk Supermarked Indkøb recalls Luxury Green Bærsymfoni frozen fruit mixture, 350g (produced by Crop's NV of Belgium; Best before 03-06-2012), because small stones were found in some bags.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1447): Cadmium in whole baby octopus from Vietnam; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1449): Too high total content of colours E 132 - indigotine / indigo carmine and of colour E 133 - Brilliant Blue FCF in food supplement for sportsmen from the United States via Hungary; distributed to the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1450): Presence of poisonous mushrooms (several kinds of amanitas and clavaria) in dried ceps from China; distributed to France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1451): Suspicion of unauthorised placing on the market of meat from Germany; distributed to Poland.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Sumabe Holdings Pty Ltd recalls Sumabe Acai Berry Coffee weight loss beverage (200g cardboard box containing 20 x 10g individual coffee sachets; best before date 27/01/2012), because the product contains sibutramine, a non-compliant prescription medication. The recalled product, which was imported from China, was sold in health food stores, cafes, beauty salons and over the internet in New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, West Australia and Tasmania.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.