If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall: Juices International Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls all packages of Carrot Juice beverage, Beet & Carrot beverage, Carrot & Ginger beverage, Carrot Drink and Double Trouble beverage, because the products were inadequately processed and may contain food borne pathogens. The recalled beverages (packaged in 12 ounce glass bottles) were sold from food service establishments and retail outlets in the New York City metro area, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Sales of the products have been suspended.
- Allergy Alert: Mars Canada Inc. (Bolton, ON) recalls all codes of Uncle Ben’s Stuff ‘N Such Harvest Chicken with vegetables stuffing mix and Uncle Ben’s Stuff ‘N Such Country Style with vegetables stuffing mix, because the products contain undeclared milk. There has been one reported allergic reaction associated with these nationally distributed products.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): M&K Polish Goods Ltd, Donney European Ltd and Expo Foods (Midlands) Ltd. recall Sokolów Home Black Pudding Sausage (Use by 30 October 2010) and Sololów Grill Black Pudding Sausage (Use by 30 October 2010), because the product is contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1417): Mold infestation in cacao croissants from Italy; distributed to Italy and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1418): Staphylococcus in frozen chocolate pistachio pastry from France; distributed to France, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1419): High level of alkalinity (pH=12.5) in soya beverage from France; distributed to Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1420): Triazophos in chilli peppers from India; distributed to Sweden.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Singapore): The importer of Paris Creek Cheese products has recalled Paris Creek Gouda and Paris Creek Cheese Norwegian, produced by B.-d Farm Paris Creek Pty Ltd in Australia, because the cheese may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. No more than 2.5kg of these cheeses were imported into Singapore.
Australia and New Zealand
- Consumer Product Safety Recall (Australia): SRS QLD Pty Ltd. recalls Wicked Fizz Sour Head Lickers, 60ml bottle resembling a roll-on deodorant bottle (Strawberry, Lemon, Apple & Blueberry flavors), due to a choking hazard. The recalled products were sold nationally by various independent retailers.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.