If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Nestlé USA's Baking Division recalls select Nestlé® CARNATION® Famous Fudge Kits because the outer containers of some of the kits were distributed without a complete allergen precautionary statement. Consumers who have allergies to peanuts run the risk of serious or life threatening allergic reactions if they consume products containing peanuts.
- Food Safety Recall: Orlando Greco & Son Imports (Carol Stream, IL) recalls approximately 822 pounds of prosciutto products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The prosciutto was imported from Canada and distributed to restaurants and retailers in Illinois and Indiana.
- Food Safety Recall: Richin Trading, Inc. (Alhambra, CA) recalls Corn Jelly Choice American Sweet Corn Flavour candy, because the candy contains excessive lead.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Safety Advisory: Health Canada reminds Canadian consumers of the McNeil Consumer Healthcare recall and provides a list of the recalled items that were sold in Canada.
- Food Safety Recall: Unilever recalls BiFi Original 5er Multipack bearing an expiry date of 22.07.2010, because some of the salamis may contain small metal pieces.
- Food Safety Recall (Benelux): Blédina recalls Blédichef 8 mois Haricots verts Poulet, Lot #UNUHP. This is related to the international Blédina baby food recall reported yesterday.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Danish Supermarket A/S recalls fresh grapes from India that are contaminated with the pesticide chlormequat.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0542): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon from Poland; distributed in Germany and Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0543): Listeria monocytogenes in marinated salmon from Poland; distributed in Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- OTC Pharmaceutical Safety Advisory (Philippines): The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advises consumers that none of the recently recalled McNeil Consumer Healthcare products were imported into the Philippines. FDA recommends that consumers discard any of these products that they may have purchased abroad.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.