If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Sportime (Norcross, GA) recalls TechnoSkin Foam Balls and Sportime TechStitched Soccer Balls due to violation of the US lead paint standard. The recalled products were manufactured in China and distributed through Sportime’s catalog and on the firm’s website (www.schoolspecialty.com) from December 2006 through August 2009.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Natural Milk recalls 1/2-liter packages of organic whipping cream and 1-liter packages of organic double cream after an agitator paddle leaks oil into the cream.
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall (France): Novartis Pharma S.A.S. recalls all production lots of METHERGIN® 0,25 mg/ml oral medication, due to unsatisfactory stability test results.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0535): Carbofuran and carbosulfan (pesticides) in eggplant from the Dominican Republic; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0536): Omethoate (pesticide) in eggplant from Thailand; distributed in France.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0537): Migration of primary aromatic amines from spoon from unknown origin; distributed in Ireland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0538): Mercury in frozen blue shark fillets (Prionace glauca) from Portugal; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0539): Unauthorised colour Sudan 4 in palm oil from Senegal; distributed in France.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns the public not to buy or use a slimming product "LAMI" as it was found to contain undeclared western drug ingredients sibutramine and spironolactone, which may cause serious side effects. A 28-year-old woman was hospitalized for three days with psychiatric symptoms including auditory and visual hallucination, paranoid ideas, and low mood after taking the product
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.