If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Blacksmith Brands, Inc. recalls all lots of four children's products in the PediaCare line. These products were manufactured for Blacksmith Brands by McNeil Consumer Healthcare, a Division of McNeil-PPC, Inc., (a Johnson & Johnson Company) at McNeil's Fort Washington, PA plant and sold exclusively in the United States, including in Publix and Wegman's supermarket stores.
- Food Recall/Product Withdrawal: Food City advises its customers that Food Club Kosher Dill Spears 24 oz Jar has been recalled/withdrawn by the manufacturer.
- Food Safety Recall: Loblaw Companies Limited recalls all lot codes of President's Choice® Baked by You(TM) Roasted Garlic Bread with the UPC number 0 60383 80497 8 because the product may contain a metal holding pin. A holding pin may have come dislodged from a processing machine specific to the product during production. The affected product is sold in a 320g package and has a UPC number of 0 60383 80497 8. Customers can return the Garlic Bread to any Loblaw's store for a full refund.
- Allergy Alert (United Kingdom): Northern Ireland consumers with a sensitivity to sulphites are advised to avoid eating Lundys Fine Foods' sausages (484g pkgs; 'use by dates' up to and including 7 June 2010), because the product contains undeclared sulphites. The product has been put on hold until labelling has been corrected.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): La société Salaisons du Lignon recalls Lou Mountagnard Saucisse sèche droite nature La Pause Auvergnate (220g., Lot #040020900), because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled item was sold in Intermarché and Ecomarché stores. This dried sausage was imported from France and has been linked to an outbreak of Salmonella illnesses in that country.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Aktieselskabet Beauvais recalls all production lots of Pastella Creamy Pasta Sauce in variants Tomato & Chilli and Carbonara (170g pkg; prepared for Beauvais by Gala Food A/S) due to air formation (swelling) in the packages. The swelling is thought to be due to excessive numbers of lactic acid bacteria, which could lead to alteration in smell and taste and a shortened shelf life for the products.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Saudi Arabia): NESTLE recalls Nescafé Collection instant –coffee products due to the possible presence of small glass fragments in the coffee powders. All 100g containers of Alta Rica, Alta Rica Decaff. Cap Colombie, Espresso, and Suraya varieties are affected.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.