If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Tiffany Food Corporation (Brooklyn, NY) recalls Dried Sweet Potato due to the presence of undeclared sulfites. The product was distributed nationwide and is a product of China.
- Food Safety Recall: Caldwell Fresh Foods (Maywood, CA) recalls all alfalfa sprouts manufactured under the Caldwell Fresh Foods, Nature's Choice, and California Exotics brands, because the alfalfa sprouts may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled sprouts are linked to an outbreak of Salmonella Newport illness in 10 states.
- Food Safety Recall: Trader Joe's advises its customers to return or discard Nature's Choice alfalfa sprouts purchased from its stores in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, and Washington. The alfalfa sprouts may be contaminated with Salmonella Newport and have been recalled by Caldwell Fresh Foods.
- Food Safety Recall: Walmart advises its customers to return or discard alfalfa sprouts produced by Caldwell Fresh Foods.
- Allergy Alert: Mrs. Dunster’s Inc. (Sussex, NB) recalls MRS. Dunster’s Old Fashioned Ginger Snaps, sold in 350 gpackages bearing UPC 0 59548 00055 3. All Best Before date codes up to and including 10 JL 08 are affected. This product has been distributed in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: John Bead Corporation Ltd. (Scarborough, ON) recalls Cross, Baseball Glove and Dolphin charms because the charms contain lead in excess of allowable limits. The recalled items were manufactured in Taiwan and the USA and were sold across Canada from May 1999 to April 2010.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): Cora S.A. recalls Winny brand Atlantic Smoked Salmon, EAN 5.400.247.045.607 (all lots sold from 08.04.2010 to 20.05.2010), due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. Customers are asked to return the recalled product to their local Cora supermarket for a refund.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): Match recalls Winny brand Atlantic Smoked Salmon, EAN 5400247045607 (Lot no. k116610N274RLAF087; Best before 26/05/10), due to contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. Customers are asked to return the product to the store for a refund.
- Food Safety Recall (Republic of Ireland): Nestlé UK and Ireland Ltd recalls all 100g jars of Nescafé Collections instant coffees, because of possible contamination with small pieces of glass.
- Food Safety Recall (Netherlands): Nestlé recalls all 100g jars of Nescafé Collections Cap Colombie and Nescafé Collections Espresso instant coffees, because of possible contamination with small pieces of glass.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Suomen Nestlé Oy recalls all 100g jars of Nescafé Collections Espresso instant coffee, because of possible contamination with small pieces of glass.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.