If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall: Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. recalls all lots of metronidazole injection, USP 500mg / 100mL (NDC number 25021-131-82) manufactured by Claris Lifesciences and distributed by Sagent after two lots of the injectable antimicrobial product were found to be non-sterile. The metronidazole was distributed nationwide to hospitals, wholesalers and distributors.
- Food Safety Recall: Food Lion recalls ground beef purchased on May 14 or May 15 from its store located at 1800 Lafayette Road in Fort Oglethorpe, GA, because of possible cleaning residue which may have remained on equipment.
- Food Market Withdrawal: Food City advises consumers that World Classics Olives have been withdrawn. According to information provided to eFoodAlert by the US distributor, the following olives were recalled due to a discoloration issue: Jumbo Green Pitted Olives (UPC 11225 06811); Stuffed Queen Olives (UPC 11225 06812); Calabrese Style Olives (UPC 11225 06809). The olives were supplied by Oliver Olives, a division of Sardo Foods Ltd., based in Ontario, Canada. There is no safety issue associated with this market withdrawal.
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): Kryta A/S recalls Cervelatpølseblanding (Production Code: 080709 Best before: 07.2011) due to the presence of undeclared soy protein.
- Food Safety Alert (Malta): The Environment Protection Directorate warns the public not to consume certain lots of Pasfrost frozen leaf spinach, imported from Belgium. The warning, which covers lots #P-9174PF, A-9175PF and P-9169PF, is due to the presence of foreign bodies in the spinach.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Bjørn Jahn Kød en Gros recalls ham cubes, strips and minced meat because of Salmonella contamination. The recalled ham was sold in canteens in Zealand.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): CocoVi Import Ltd's (Kihniö) recalls imported Yacon syrup because it contains yaconia (Smallanthus sonchifolius), a novel ingredient that has not been approved by the EU.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Ekovista Ay (Espoo) recalls imported Yacon syrup because it contains yaconia (Smallanthus sonchifolius), a novel ingredient that has not been approved by the EU.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0601): Histamine in frozen tuna steaks (Thunnus albacares) from Sri Lanka; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0602): Suffocation risk as a result of the consumption of jelly cups from Vietnam; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0603): Dioxins and dioxin-like polychlorobifenyls in organic eggs from Germany; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0604): Unauthorised colour butter yellow in curry powder with chili from India; distributed in Belgium.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.