If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: OM Seafood Co. (Portland, OR) recalls all Oregon razor clams distributed by OM Seafood Company in 2010 (harvested from Clatsop Beach, OR), because the razor clams were received from a firm not listed on the ICSSL (Interstate Certified Shellfish Shippers List). Additionally, Clatsop Beaches are not certified by the state of Oregon for interstate commerce. The clams were distributed to Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio, Georgia, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Tennessee, and Missouri. Any unused clams should be destroyed and discarded.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Canadian Food Inspection Agency has corrected some information contained in its Fresh Express Romaine-based Salads Health Hazard Alert.
- Health Products Safety Alert: Health Canada has seized a number of unauthorized health products being offered for sale at YVS (Your Vitamin Store) in Metrotown, Burnaby, British Columbia.
- Allergy Alert (Republic of Ireland): Sausages manufactured for Lundy Fine Foods, Ballina, Co. Mayo have been found to contain sulphur dioxide, which was undeclared on the original label. All use by dates up until 6th June 2010 are affected. Lundy is correcting the problem by providing temporary labels to declare the presence of sulphur dioxide.
- Allergy Alert (Republic of Ireland): Castle Snack Food Distribution, Kilkenny recalls Suncrop Yogurt Raisins (Batch No 1070412, Best before date 15/03/2011. Bag size: 170g.) due to the presence of undeclared egg.
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): Kraft Foods Denmark recalls Kraft Thousand Island Classic Dressing (380ml; Best before 26/12/2010) due to the presence of undeclared mustard powder.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Galla Food A/S recalls Egelykke Chicken Salad (Best before 02.06.2010, 07.06.2010 and 10.06.2010) because the product shows signs of having fermented.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Scan-Food recalls imported salt-marinated chicken breast fillets (4 x 2.5Kg cartons; Expiry February 2011) because of Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Skare Meat Packer recalls ground beef (Best before 09/03 2010 and 03/10 2010) because of Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Delivet Ltd. recalls Dr. Chen Patika Virgin Tea Neitsytteekapselit (pack size 80 x 500 g, best before 201 209) because the product contains an irradiated ingredient.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Casino recalls Casino Saveurs d'Ailleurs Chili con Carne Riz blanc et riz sauvage (300g; Expiry date of 05/01/2011) because the product may contain metallic particles. The recalled item was sold in Géant, Hyper Casino, Supermarché Casino, Petit Casino, Spar et Vival stores.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Casino recalls Haricots Verts Extra-Fins Bio (720 mL jar; Expiry date of 31/08/2013) because the product may contain metallic particles. The recalled item was sold in Géant, Hyper Casino, Supermarché Casino, Petit Casino, Spar et Viva stores.
- Food Safety Recall (United Kingdom): The Co-operative Group recalls all batch codes of four Truly Irresistible pasta sauces in 340g jars, due to possible contamination with small pieces of glass.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0652): Mercury in chilled skin-on tuna loins from Ecuador; distributed in France and Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0653): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon and smoked trout from Poland; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0654): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked Norwegian salmon from Spain; distributed in Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0655): Salmonella infantis in frozen kebab meat from Germany; distributed in France.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0656): Unauthorised substance sildenafil thiono analogue in food supplement from Estonia; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0657): Histamine in canned mackerel (Scomber Japonicus) from Argentina; distributed in Bulgaria.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.