If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Fresh Express, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chiquita Brands International, recalls a specific selection of Fresh Express Romaine-based ready-to-eat salads with the expired Use-by Dates of May 13th through May 16th and an "S" in the Product Code, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled salads were sold in Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Louisiana, Nebraska, Montana, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Nevada, Arizona, California, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, North Dakota, and South Dakota, in retail supermarket stores, including H-E-B and the following Kroger stores: Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, FoodsCo, QFC, and Ralphs stores.
- Food Recall: Ingles Markets Inc. recalls Laura Lynn Purified Water with date of 05APR10 after receiving complaints of an off-taste.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Willamette Shelling Inc. that November and December 2009 inspections of the company's detected Salmonella contamination in the production facility environment and significant deviations from the Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns L. Perrigo Company that November 2009 and January 2010 inspections of the company's manufacturing facility in Allegan, MI identified significant violations of Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulations for Finished Pharmaceuticals.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Liquid Manufacturing LLC that a January 2010 inspection of the company's acidified and acid foods manufacturing facility revealed significant deviations from the requirements of 21 CFR Part 108, 21 CFR Part 114, and 21 CFR Part 110. The FDA inspection was in response to a consumer complaint involving swollen pouches of baby food products manufactured at the facility.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Solar Farms, Inc. that a July/August 2009 inspection of the company's bean sprout processing facility revealed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the facility, as well as "objectionable conditions" that rendered the company's sprout products adulterated.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Milky Way Farm that a review of the company's web site has determined that Milky Way Farm is causing to be delivered, selling, or otherwise distributing raw milk, in final package form for human consumption, in interstate commerce, which is a violation of the Public Health Service Act and regulations.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Arla Foods Amba recalls 1/2L containers of semi-skimmed milk produced 21th May 2010 because an incorrect "Best Before" date was printed on the containers.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.