If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Rise 'N Roll Bakery (Middlebury, IN) recalls all varieties of its 20 ounce jars of Rise ‘N Roll Specialties "Gourmet Cookie Mixes" because they may contain undeclared Milk products. The recalled products were distributed throughout the Midwest in retail stores and through mail orders.
- Allergy Alert: Rise 'N Roll Bakery (Middlebury, IN) recalls 16 ounce jars of "Peanut Butter Spread" because they may contain undeclared Egg products. The recalled product was distributed in retail stores in Indiana.
- Food Safety Recall Update: USDA updates May 15th recall notice for Montclair Meat Co., Inc. to correct distribution information to read, "wholesalers, restaurants, institutions, and federal establishments for further processing." The May 15th ground beef recall was initiated after E. coli O157:H7 was detected.
- Product Withdrawal: Merisant withdraws Equal® 800 count packages (Lot code 1150M, BEST BY 04 25 13; Lot code 1160M, BEST BY 04 26 13 sold at BJ’s Wholesale Club on May 7, 2010 due to a potential quality control issue.
- Food Safety Recall: Nestlé Canada Inc. (North York, ON) recalls all lot codes of Nescafé Espresso instant coffee, imported from France (sold in 100 g glass jars with a black sleeve bearing UPC 5500065052), because the product may contain small fragments of glass. The recalled products were distributed nationally.
- Food Safety Recall (Luxembourg): The Food Safety Service has demanded the recall of Winny brand Saumon Atlantique fumé (Atlantic Smoked Salmon) identified with the lot #K116610N274RLAF087 and the expiration date 26/05/2010, after detecting elevated levels of Listeria monocytogenes during routine sampling.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Lagerblad Foods Oy recalls Tuscany sausage (best before 18/03/2011) because the product may contain pieces of white plastic.
- Food Safety Recall (United Kingdom): Nestlé UK recalls its Nescafé Collections range coffee (100g jars only), as they may contain small pieces of glass. All lot codes and expiry dates are affected.
- Food Safety Recall (Sweden): Nestlé Sweden AB, recalls Nescafé variant - Espresso in 100 gram glass jars, with a special type of plastic casing.This plastic casing can cause damage to the glass during transportation to our customers and therefore contain small pieces of glass.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Nestlé recalls Nescafé Espresso instant coffees, because some jars may be damaged during transportation, causing the product to become unfit for consumption.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Singapore): Nestlé Singapore Pte Ltd recalls Alta Rica, Alta Rica Decaff, Cap Colombie, Suraya, Espresso soluble coffee range speciality variety of Nescafe manufactured in the United Kingdom. Some of the jars may be susceptible to breakage in transit and, in consequence, may contain small fragments of glass.
- Dietary Supplement Alert (Hong Kong): The Department of Health urges the public not to buy or consume the diet product "1 Body Beautiful" as it was found to contain undeclared Western drug ingredients sibutramine and phenolphthalein, which could cause serious side effects.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.