If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: International Gourmet (Springfield, VA) is recalling approximately 70 pounds of prosciutto products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled meat, which was imported from Canada, was distributed to retailers in Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
- Food Safety Recall: Boston Salads and Provisions Inc. (Boston, MA) is recalling approximately 40 pounds of buffalo style chicken salad products that may contain foreign materials. The recalled salads, which were produced on April 29, 2010, were distributed to wholesale and retail establishments in Maine and Massachusetts.
- Food Safety Recall: H-E-B recalls certain Hill Country Fare Bread products that may contain foreign material.
- Pet Treat Safety Recall (status changed from Class III to Class II): Vienna Beef Ltd. (Chicago, IL) is recalling approximately 49,600 pounds of fully cooked mini pretzel dog products, due to a lack of inspection.
- Food Safety Recall: Mt. Vikos, Inc. (Marshfield, MA) recalls all size packages and all lot numbers of Mt. Vikos Brand Manouri – Sheep & Goat’s Milk Cheese because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Mt. Vikos Manouri cheese was distributed nationwide to customers for the retail and food service markets. The action was taken after the company determined through independent lab tests that one lot was confirmed to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: Freshway Foods recalls products containing romaine lettuce with a use by date of May 12 or earlier because they have the potential to be contaminated with Escherichia coli O145 bacteria (E. coli O145). The recalled products were sold under the Freshway brand and Imperial Sysco brand for use by food service outlets, wholesale, and in-store retail salad bars and delis. The recalled romaine lettuce products were sold to wholesalers and food service outlets in the following states east of the Mississippi river: Alabama, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin. The recalled romaine products were also sold for distribution to in-store salad bars and delis for Kroger, Giant Eagle, Ingles Markets, and Marsh stores in the above-mentioned states.
- Food Safety Recall: Zadi Foods Ltd. (Brampton, ON) recalls all lots and all date codes of various processed meat products because these products may be contaminated withwith Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products were distributed across Canada; some items also were exported to the USA.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kolding Salatfabrik A/S recalls several production date codes of Dragsbaek brand Italian style salads, due to mold growth. The salads were sold in supermarkets and grocery stores across Denmark.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.