If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Ryt-way Industries LLC (Lakeville, MN) recalls select BIGS® Original Salted & Roasted Sunflower Seeds (BEST BY Dates of 30MAY2011 and 31MAY2011) because they may contain dairy ingredients that were not declared on the packaging. The recalled product was sold nationwide through supermarkets, convenience stores and U.S. military commissaries.
- Allergy Alert: Baroody Imports, Inc. (Clifton, NJ) recalls Baroody Dried Apricots, because the product may contain undeclared sulfites. The recalled product was sold in New Jersey and New York states.
- Food Safety Recall: Springer's Meats Inc. (Hamilton, ON) recalls Salerno Sliced Pepperoni and Springer's Sliced Bacon sold from some deli stores in Ontario because these products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: Zadi Foods Ltd. recalls all lots and date codes of Casa Italia Hot Calabrese Salami with Provolone Cheese Sliced (200 g COMBO PACK) and Casa Italia Genoa Salami with Provolone Cheese Sliced (200 g COMBO PACK) because the ready-to-eat deli meats may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Les Importations Avaco Ltée (Ville Saint-Laurent, QC) recalls various pieces of children's jewelry sold under the "Pirates Collection", "Viva Moda", "Hot 2 Trot!" and "D&V" brands, because some items contain lead in excess of the allowable limit.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0590): Salmonella infantis (presence/25g) in feed from Latvia; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0591): Unauthorised sulphite in vacuum packed sausage from Bulgaria; distributed in Cyprus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0592): Unauthorised novel food (Eurycoma longifolia) in food supplement from the United States; distributed in the Czech Republic, Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0593): Mercury in sliced frozen blue shark from Portugal, via Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0594): Mercury in vacuum packed sliced swordfish from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0595): Listeria monocytogenes in goat cheese from Spain, via France; distributed in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0596): Escherichia coli in clams (Tapes semidecussatus) from Italy; distributed in Italy.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0597): Migration of cadmium and lead from drinking glasses from Romania, via Sweden; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0598): Yeast growth resulting in altered organoleptic characteristics of pasteurized fresh fruit cheese from France; distributed in France and Italy.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall (Hong Kong): The Department of Health advises consumers not to use four slimming products, as they were found to contain the unauthorized Western medications sibutramine and its analogue, as well as phenolphthalein, which could cause serious side-effects.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (New Zealand): Progressive Enterprises Limited recalls Fresh Zone Fruit Mince Pies 6Pk, because the package labeling does not include an ingredient list or an allergen declaration. The recalled items were sold at Foodtown, Countdown and Woolworths supermarkets throughout New Zealand.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.