If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): The following retailers carried Calabro Rotolini Gold Mozzarello & Prosciutto appetizers (8-ounce pkg; UPC 7171500380; Lot #3190), recalled by the manufacturer due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes: Stop & Shop stores in Massachusetts and Connecticut; Big Y World Class Market.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): The following retailers are among those who carried raw milk cheeses manufactured by Bravo Farms (Traver, CA) and recalled by the manufacturer due to possible contamination with E. coli O157:H7 and/or Listeria monocytogenes: Costco (San Diego Region), Whole Foods Market (stores in Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington), QFC (a Kroger Company supermarket chain), Save Mart, Raley's, Lucky, Nob Hill Market, Bel Air Market, Nugget Market, and Henry's. The recalled cheeses also were supplied to distributors in California, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Missouri and Connecticut for distribution to retailers, restaurants and food service operations. A complete retail distribution list for the state of California is available for download on the California Department of Public Health web site.
- Medical Device Safety Recall: Advanced Bionics recalls its HiRes 90K cochlear implant device in response to two confirmed instances where the product experienced a malfunction that resulted in its recipients experiencing severe pain, overly loud sounds and/or shocking sensations at 8-10 days after initial activation of the devices.
- Consumer Alert (EPA): The EPA is warning the public about a potential threat from an illegal pesticide product imported from China. The Fuji Lavender Moth Tablets, which are suspected to contain the toxic active ingredient called para-dichlorobenzene, could be mistaken for candy and are not registered with EPA.
- Allergy Alert: Quaker Canada recalls Quaker Chewy Granola Bars Value Packs (14 bars; 364g; UPC 0 55577 10742 3; all lot codes), because the bars may have been mispacked with Quaker Dipps granola bars that contain peanuts. The recalled product has been distributed nationally.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare (Canada) recalls Children's Benadryl Allergy Meltaways tablets, because the company has identified quality control concerns on lots that had not been released for sale. No adverse reactins have been reported.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1599): Aflatoxins in melon seeds from Germany; distributed to the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1601): Ochratoxin A in dried figs from Turkey, via the Netherlands; distributed to Germany.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.1602): Dioxins in food supplements from Germany, with raw material from France; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1603): Defective packaging and mold growth in cheddar cheese from the Netherlands; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1604): Salmonella typhimurium in mould-ripened spicy sausage from France; distributed to Luxembourg.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.