If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Allergy Alert (Ireland): The Food Safety Authority of Ireland advises that the following McArdle Meats products have been withdrawn from sale by the manufacturer, because egg was used as a glaze on the products, but was not declared on the label: Homemade Shepherd’s Pie; Homemade Beef Hotpot; Homemade Fish Pie; Chicken & Ham Pie; Chicken Curry Pie; Mince & Onion Pie and Steak & Vegetable Pie (all use by dates up to and including 13.11.2010). The affected products were distributed in three premises in Dundalk and Dublin only.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Inco Meat recalls several varieties of minced meats and raw sausage meats after Salmonella is found in the raw materials. The recalled meats were sold to caterers, sandwich shops, cafeterias, restaurants and institutional caterers.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1485): Salmonella (4,5,12;i /25g) in frozen marinated chicken fillets from Germany; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1486): Listeria monocytogenes in chilled salmon fillets from Poland, with raw material from Norway; distributed to Denmark and Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1487): Escherichia coli in bottled spring water from the United Kingdom; distributed to Ireland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1488): Glass fragments in sliced black olives from Spain; distributed to Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1489): Salmonella Bareilly in frozen cooked shrimps (Penaeus monodon) from Bangladesh; distributed to Germany.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1490): Migration of primary aromatic amines from kitchen tongs from China; distributed to Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1491): Too high content of colour E 102 - tartrazine and of sweetener E 952 - cyclamate in fruit cocktail flavoured drink powder from Turkey; distributed to Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1492): Norovirus (genogroup II) in frozen raspberries from Serbia, via Sweden; distributed to Denmark and Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1493): Parasitic infestation with nematodes of frozen pike (Esox lucius) fillets from the Russian Federation; distributed to Lithuania and Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1494): Salmonella spp. in marinated ribs from Austria; distributed to Austria and Italy.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Fleurieu Milk Company recalls Pouring Cream (Use by 04/11/10, 06/11/10, 09/11/10, 11/11/10, 13/11/10 and 16/11/10), sold in 300mL plastic tubs, 1L plastic bottles, 2L plastic bottles and 10L plastic buckets, due to Escherichia coli contamination. The recalled products were produced in South Australia and sold in Food Land and IGA stores in South Australia and Northern Territory between October 19th and November 2nd.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.