If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Calabro Cheese (East Haven, CT) recalls approximately 57 pounds of CALABRO All Natural ROTOLINI Mozzarella & Prosciutto (Lot #3190), that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The appetizers were produced on November 15th and distributed to warehouses and retail outlets in Boston and Springfield, MA and in Westport, CT.
- Food Safety Recall: Bravo Farms expands its earlier recall to include all Bravo Farms cheeses after the California Department of Food and Agriculture finds both Listeria monocytogenes and E. coli o157:H7 during its outbreak-related investigation of the company's production facility. The company sells its cheeses through retail stores across the US (mainly on the West Coast. Costco stores in the San Diego region carried the recalled cheeses.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall: McNeil Consumer Healthcare recalls three Tylenol® Cold Multi-Symptom liquid products in order to update labeling for these products. The recalled items were sold in the United States.
- Food Safety Recall: Québec's Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food announces a recall of Cochonnailles Gourmandes Côtelette fumée (best before 24 November), sold fresh by weight at a meat counter in Halles Fleur de Lys (245, rue Soumande, Québec), because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Valio recalls Valion sokeroimatonta mansikkakeittoa (unsweetened strawberry soup) that may be contaminated with a caustic cleaning solution. The recalled product is sold in 1-kilo cans and can be identified by the best before date of 12/30/2010. The product has an unusual smell and a brown color.
- Food Recall (Denmark): Reitan Distribution A/S recalls Red Cheddar Cheese, 200g (Lot #341995/57208; Expiry 18-03-2011; Product of Holland), because leaks in the seams of the plastic packaging may permit mold growth, resulting in a reduced shelf life.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Alert (Denmark): The Food Administration warns the public against the purchase and consumption of several products sold by the Danish website rawfoodshop.dk, as the products contain Stevia, which may pose a health risk.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1594): Cadmium in frozen whole cooked crabs (Cancer pagurus) from Ireland; distributed to Italy.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1595): Undeclared gluten in pasta sauce from Bulgaria; distributed to Slovakia.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1596): Undeclared whey protein in cocoa cream filled biscuits from Turkey; distributed to Slovakia.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1597): Migration of lead from fondue pans from Germany and Latvia.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.1598): High content of zinc in food supplement from the United States, via the Netherlands; distributed to Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Korea): The Food and Drug Administration announces a recall of Olga sesame sauce due to the presence of Clostridium.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.