If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (Expansion): APFL (Alberton, PEI) has expanded its earlier recall to include additional sandwiches that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The sandwiches contain processed cheese slices recalled by Saputo Inc (Montreal, QC). They were distributed under the Sub Delicious, Circle K, Country Morning and Prepared by APFL brands in Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia and may have been distributed in other Atlantic provinces. Please refer to the original and expanded recall notices for a complete list of affected products.
- Food Safety Recall: Saputo Inc. (Montreal, QC) recalls Faith Farms brand Ribbon Slices Process Cheese Food (2kg; UPC 0 65949 04004 3; Best before 2011/MA/05 REG: 1900; Lot codes 1681, 1682, 1683, 1684 and 1685), because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled processed cheese was sold through cash and carry and deli stores, and may also have been sold to food service institutions, restaurants, hospitals, day care centers and nursing homes in Québec, Ontario, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador. Some of the cheese was sold in variable weights and may no longer carry its original identifying label or lot code information. Check with the place of purchase if you have purchased unlabeled processed cheese slices.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Bug in a Rug (Rockwood, ON) recalls Vulli brand Chan Pie Gnon Cool-it Soother liquid-filled teether (sold between 2008 and 2010 at various specialty baby shops across Canada) after testing by Health Canada determines that the liquid filling is contaminated with mold and with the bacteria Burkholderia cepacia.
- Allergy Alert: Pagen recalls Pagen Good Shape and Pagen Cottages Good breads (Date codes: 101027-101123), because the breads may contain traces of peanuts. The affected breads were sold in Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway.
- Allergy Alert (Sweden): Oatly recalls Oatly Havregurt after learning that one of the ingredients contains undeclared milk protein.
- Food Recall (Denmark): Danton Trading A/S recalls Anto Tzatziki, 400g (Lot #11018; Best before 18-10-2011) due to an error in the expiration date.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (France): Teofarma s.r.l. recalls certain lots of Hemigoxine Nativelle (0,125 mg tablet, 30/box; Teofarma code CIP 3400933489045) because the similarity in appearance between Hemigoxine Nativelle and Digoxine Nativelle 0.25mg tablets could result in medication errors in hospital settings. The recall is being organized by the product's distributor, C.S.P.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.