If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Creative Food Products Ltd. (Winnipeg, MB) recalls Creative Food Products Cinnamon Loaf (8/box) and Cinnamon Buns (48/box) and Mom's Pantry Cinnamon Rolls (4 Dozen), distributed in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. The recalled frozen cinnamon pastries contain undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Alert: Health Canada advises the public to be aware of the potential health risks associated with consuming human breast milk obtained directly from individuals or through the Internet. There is a potential risk that the milk may be contaminated with viruses such as HIV, or with food poisoning bacteria. Also, traces of certain prescription and non-prescription drugs can be transmitted through human milk.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1605): Dimethoate in cucumbers from the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia; distributed to Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1606): Metal pieces in cous cous from France; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1607): Listeria monocytogenes in smoked salmon from the United Kingdom; distributed to Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1608): Unauthorized E 216 - propyl p-hydroxybenzoate and E 214 - Ethyl-p-hydroxybenzoate in soy sauce from China; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1609): Trifluralin in pangasius fillets from Vietnam; distributed to Germany and the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1610): Attempt to illegally import and fraudulent health certificate(s) for salted casings from Argentina; distributed to Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (Hong Kong and Macao): Jean-Marie Pharmacal Co. Ltd. recalls Delna-U Tablet, Elisa U Tablet and Triganet Tablet, after the Hong Kong Department of Health found a lower than registered concentration of the active ingredient in a sample of Delna-U. The sample contained only 0.69mg of propantheline bromide per tablet instead of the 3mg per tablet dose indicated on the label and registered with the Department of Health. Delna-U was sold in Hong Kong and Macao; the other two products were supplied only in Macao.
- Food Safety Recall (Guam and Papua New Guinea): Parmalat Australia Ltd. recalls various flavors of Vaalia My First Yoghurt (6 x 60g plastic tubs, overwrapped in cardboard) and Vaalia For Toddlers (6 x 90g plastic tubs, overwrapped in cardboard, due to a packaging fault (a small piece of plastic may fall into the product when removing the lid). The recall covers all use by dates from 13/11/10 to 01/01/11, inclusive. The recalled products were manufactured in Australia and exported to Guam and Papua New Guinea.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert: Game Farm Pty. Ltd. recalls Game Farm Quail Medallions Marinated (400g net weight; all best before dates from 24/11/10 to 5/12/2011) due to the presence of undeclared wheat. The recalled product was sold in Harris Farm and local butcher shops in New South Wales and also was distributed in South Australia and Victoria.
- Food Safety Recall: Parmalat Australia Ltd. recalls various flavors of Vaalia My First Yoghurt (6 x 60g plastic tubs, overwrapped in cardboard) and Vaalia For Toddlers (6 x 90g plastic tubs, overwrapped in cardboard, due to a packaging fault (a small piece of plastic may fall into the product when removing the lid). The recall covers all use by dates from 13/11/10 to 01/01/11, inclusive. The recalled products were sold throughout Australia in small retail outlets and by major retail chains, including Woolworths, Safeway, Coles, Bilo, Metcash (IGA, CCC and ILM), Franklins (NSW only) and Pick'n'pay (QLD only).
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.