If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Krunchers! Inc. recalls 18 cases of Jays Original Potato Chips (12-ounce bags; Date code JAN16CA542011) due to the presence of undeclared milk. The recalled snack food was supplied to Walmart. Jays Original Potato Chips are distributed throughout the Midwest in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Illinois.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: The Coca-Cola Company has announced a voluntary withdrawal of 22,000 sets of themed drinking glasses for quality reasons. One glass, which is designed to look like a can of Coca-Cola®, did not meet our quality expectations. While recent tests indicated some cadmium in the decoration on the outside of the glass, the low levels detected do not pose a safety hazard or health threat. The glasses were sold across the United States in retails stores and online, including at Coca-Cola retail stores, coca-colastore.com and other locations.
- Food Safety Recall: Charcuterie La Tour Eiffel recalls sliced and shaved La Belle Bretagne Cooked Garlic Roasted Pork and Tour Eiffel Roasted Pork Old Style(175g packages; Best Before Nov 18, Dec 2 and in variable weight with best before date of Dec 25 and 31). The recalled meats were also sold at deli counters as shaved or sliced La Belle Bretagne Cooked Garlic Roasted Pork with a Best Before date of December 14, 26, January 3 or 9, and Tour Eiffel Roasted Pork Old Style with a Best Before date of December 31. The recall was initiated because the products were insufficiently cooked, and present a health hazard.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1578): Undeclared gluten in gel sweets from Poland; distributed to Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1579): Unauthorised colours Sudan 1 and Sudan 4 in paprika relish from Turkey; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1580): Cadmium in oat flakes from Slovenia; distributed to Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1581): Lipophilic toxin in clams from France; distributed to France and Italy.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1582): Migration of chromium from steak knife sets from China; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1583): Mercury in frozen slices of shark (Prionace glauca) from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1584): Too high content of coumarin in organic apple and cinnamon muesli from the Netherlands; distributed to Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1585): Parasitic infestation with nematodes of and with microsporidia in frozen hake (Merlucius hubbisi) from Argentina; distributed to Lithuania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1586): Monocrotophos in drumstick (Moringa pterygosperma) from India; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1587): Listeria monocytogenes in vacuum packed non-smoked salmon from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1588): Ethephon in tomatoes from Italy; distributed to Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Korea): Korea's Food and Drug Administration announces that private label brand "wayijeulrek kongsatang" is recalled due to contamination with metallic particles. The recalled products were sold in Lotte Shopping and Lotte Mart.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.