If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Recall/Withdrawal: Food City advises its customers that Food Club RTS Vanilla Frosting (16 oz can) has been recalled. No details are available.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Bay Island, Inc. (Minnetonka, MN) that a July/August 2010 inspection of the company's packaged food warehouse in Burnsville, MN revealed serious violations of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Vita-Herb Nutriceuticals, Inc. (Placentia, CA) that a May 18th through June 29th inspection of the company identified significant violations of Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP), 21 CFR Part III for the Manufacturing, Packaging, Labeling, or Holding for Dietary Supplements.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.1476): Unauthorised substances sildenafil and tadalafil in food supplement from China; distributed to Hungary.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.1477): Unauthorised substance sildenafil in food supplement from China; distributed to Hungary.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.1478): Unauthorised substance sildenafil thiono analogue (probably noracetildenafil) in food supplement from China; distributed to Hungary.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1479): Unauthorised colours Sudan 1 and Sudan 4 in sweet paprika powder from Kosovo; distributed to Switzerland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1480): Black coloured foreign bodies in frozen vegetable mix from Slovenia; distributed to Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1481): Salmonella anatum (in 11 out of 12 samples) in vacuum packed beef sirloin from Argentina; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1482): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled hake (Merluccius merluccius) from Spain; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1483): Histamine in vacuum packed tuna (Thunnus albacares) from Sri Lanka; distributed to Italy.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (New Zealand): Marlow St Pie Kitchen (1995) Ltd. (South Dunedin) recalls several varieties of ready-to-eat Marlow's Pies (best before dates of 1/11/10 through 12/11/10, inclusive), because new equipment may have contaminated the pies with small metal chips. The recalled products were sold in dairies and supermarkets throughout the South Island.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.