If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert (Update): Krunchers! Inc. (Jeffersonville, IN) recalls Jays Original Potato Chips, 12-ounce bags (code JAN16CA542011), because the product contains undeclared milk. The recalled items were distributed throughout the Midwest in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Illinois. Recalled potato chips were sold in Walmart stores, as well as in Food4Less and FoodsCo stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Artisan Confections Company (Ashland, OR) recalls Dagoba Organic Chocolate new moon Rich Dark Chocolate 74% cacao (33 cases of 0.32-oz. squares; UPC 10474-55509; production code 37HLB11), because the chocolate may contain Salmonella. The item was produced at a third-party manufacturer, and the recall was initiated after quality checks indicated the presence of Salmonella in a sample of the chocolate. The recalled chocolate was sold nationwide online and through natural/specialty food retail outlets after October 27, 2010.
- Food Safety Recall: Hamilton Corner Meat Market Inc. (1 Hamilton Place, New York, NY) recalls all packages of in-store "ground beef" sold on November 15, 2010 due to the presence of E. coli O157:H7. The contamination was discovered as a result of sampling by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets. Sales of the ground beef have been suspended.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Artesian Trout Farm (Westfield, WI) that a June/July 2010 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Kabco Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Amityville, NY) that a June/July inspection revealed that the company's dietary supplements have been prepared, packed, or held under conditions that do not meet current good manufacturing practice regulations for dietary supplements.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Inland Meats, Inc. (Spokane WA) that a July 2010 inspection of the company's food processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns DW Trading, Inc. (Indianapolis, IN) that a May/2010 inspection of the company's food processing and storage facility revealed serious violations of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulation for foods.
- Food Safety Recall: Produits Maison André Caron recalls chicken and vegetable soup (500mL and 1L glass jars), sold at roadside stands at the Galette de Louiseville festival between October 1st and 10th, because the product was not prepared in a manner that would guarantee its safety for human consumption.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Surya Foods recalls Island Sun Semolina (500g; all date codes) because of a rodent problem at the factory.
- Food Recall (Denmark): SuperGros A/S recalls Amo pizza flour (1kg; best before 15/8-2011) after "worms" (larvae?) are found in the flour.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Slagtergården St. Lihme A/S recalls minced pork (9-12% fat; produced 18/11-2010; expiry 24/11-2010) after small pieces of thin blue plastic are found in the minced meat.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1589): Too high content of sum of colours E 102 - tartrazine, of colour E 124 - Ponceau 4R / cochineal red A and of colour E 151 - Brilliant Black BN / Black PN in black capelin caviar from Denmark, via the Czech Republic; distributed to Slovakia.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1590): Migration of volatile organic constituents from durable baking foil from Hong Kong; distributed to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1591): Unauthorised substance sulphonamide in honey from Serbia; distributed to Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1592): Too high content of colour E 104 - quinoline yellow in ice cream cones from Greece; distributed to Cyprus.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.