- Allergy Alert: Harry London Candies, Inc. recalls Harry London Chocolate Pecan Caramel Stars (Lot code 9238-1) because the product label does not show Wheat, FD&C colors Yellow #5, Red # 40 and Blue #1 as ingredients.
- Food Safety Recall: Olymel S.E.C. expands earlier recall to include additional processed meat products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products are known to have been distributed in Ontario and Québec, but might also be available in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. Some of the processed hams that were included in the initial recall were exported to the United States.
- Food Safety Alert: The BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) is advising British Columbians to discard any unpasteurized dairy products from the Home on the Range raw dairy in Chilliwack, after testing carried out by the province detected the presence of faecal bacteria in several samples of unpasteurized raw milk, yogurt, cream, butter and cream cheese. The dairy's products are distributed in BC's Lower Mainland.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Food Standards Agency announces recall of Bonsoy Soy Milk by the importers. Bonsoy is sold in Health Food stores and over the internet in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0006): The UK has notified other countries that cans of Pakstar Curried Chick Peas were produced in an unauthorized establishment; the product was distributed in the UK, Ireland, and Norway.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0007): Mercury in sliced frozen blue shark (Prionace glauca) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Mislabeling Notification (EU #2010.0008): Undeclared E 210 - benzoic acid in ayurvedic plant preparation from the United States; distributed in Latvia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0009): Mineral oil used in the preparation of Savoiardi Morbidi from Italy; distributed in Italy and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0010): Aflatoxins in halva with pistachio nuts from Turkey; distributed in Austria and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0011): Aflatoxins in dried figs from Spain; distributed in Switzerland.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Food Safety Recall (Singapore): Singapore's Ministry of Health and Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority have issued a joint news release to announce the mandatory recall of Bonsoy Soy Milk due to the presence of unusually high levels of iodine. The recalled product has been linked to cases of thyrotoxicosis in Australia. Consumers are advised to either discard the product or return it to the store for refund. Please follow the link to Singapore's news release for additional details and recommendations.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.