- Consumer Products Safety Recall: OnLine Packaging Inc. (Plover, WI) recalls 75 bottles of Food Club Supreme Clean Clear Ammonia (64 ounce white bottle with the date code 232) because the containers are filled with bleach. The recalled product was sold at Piggly Wiggly Midwest stores in August and September 2009.
- Consumer Products Safety Recall: Jide Trading, Inc. (Commerce, CA) recalls Toy Military Figure, manufactured in China, because surface paint on the toy contains excessive levels of lead.
- Consumer Products Safety Recall: St. Martin’s Press LLC (New York, NY) recalls children's "Big Rex and Friends" books, manufactured in China, because a red plastic dot sewn in the book contains high levels of lead. The books were sold at Barnes & Noble, Toys “R” Us, Amazon, Borders and other bookstores and retailers nationwide from May 2004 through October 2009.
- Allergy Alert: Select Ready Foods Inc. (Est. No. 367; Edmonton, AB) recalls Wok Ready brand Teriyaki Beef Noodle because the product contains undeclared egg protein. The recalled Teriyaki Beef Noodle were sold at Costco Canada (Costco #213807).
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Dyvelslyst Specialties v / Ewa Nowakowska recalls salamis that were made using out-of-date feta / cheese salad.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0017): Isofenphos-methyl (pesticide) in organic linseed from China, via Sweden; distributed in Finland.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0018): Migration of zinc and of cobalt from porcelain plate from China, via Germany; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0019): Listeria monocytogenes (3600 CFU/g) in cheese tray from France; distributed in France and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0020): Mercury in smoked swordfish (Xiphias Gladius) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0021): Lambda-cyhalothrin and thiacloprid (pesticides) in pomegranate from Israel; distributed in Lithuania and Russia.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.