If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. alerts its customers to a recall by Ethnic Fancy Foods, Inc. of Himalayan Harvest Brown Basmati Rice 3.25 lb. jar with “best by” dates of August 15, 2011 – November 15, 2011. The rice is being recalled due to an insect (weevils) infestation.
- Health Hazard Alert - Tampering: Calgary Co-operative Association Ltd. expands its earlier consumer alert to include bulk buns and loaves, bulk food items, packaged cheeses and refrigerated juices (sold in the produce section), purchased from the Calgary Co-Op Oakridge Centre grocery store at 2580 Southland Drive SW between Friday, January 15, 2010 and Monday, January 18, 2010. These products may contain objects such as pins, sewing needles and buttons as a result of product tampering. A criminal investigation is in progress.
- Dietary Supplement Recall (Denmark): PartyPills.dk recalls 9 nutritional supplement products that may contain undeclared hazardous ingredients. The recalled products were sold in shops and discos in East and Central Jutland and from the website www.partypills.dk.
- Food Safety Recall - Update (Denmark): Kokken og Køkkenhaven ApS updates earlier recall of leaky and deformed packages of entrées and soups to include additional distribution information.
- Food Safety Notification - Update (EU #2010.0022): High content of iodine (31000 µg/l) in Bonsoy soy milk product from Japan, dispatched from Australia; distributed in Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0052): Colour migration (red) from outside wrapping of white chocolate confection filled with truffle from France; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0053): Unauthorised E 386 - disodium ethylene diamine tetra acetate (DEDTA) in mayonnaise from Ukraine; distributed in Latvia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0055): Unauthorised E 386 - disodium ethylene diamine tetra acetate (DEDTA) in mustard sauce from Ukraine; distributed in Latvia.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.