If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Alert (France): Ministry of Health and Sports issues consumer alert about elevated iodine levels in Bonsoy Soy Milk.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0043): Mold on pitta bread from the United Kingdom; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0044): Mercury in frozen sliced swordfish fillet (Xiphias Gladius) from Cyprus, with raw material from Taiwan; distributed in Cyprus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0045): Excessive sulphite in dried pitted apricots with raw material from Turkey, via the Czech Republic; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0046): Histamine poisoning outbreak suspected to be caused by fresh sliced tuna from Sri Lanka; distributed in Denmark and Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0047): Dioxins and dioxin-like PCBs in frozen sardines from France; distributed in France and the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0048): Dead mouse in frozen green beans from Belgium; distributed in Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.