If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Imperial Sugar Company recalls 2 lb. bags of Dark Brown Sugar (Lot C315K) that may be contaminated with small metal flakes.
- Food Safety Recall Update: USDA posts initial retail distribution list for the Daniele recall. The recalled ready-to-eat meats were supplied to the following national and regional chains: Costco (national), Fred Meyer (AK, ID, OR, WA), Fry's Food & Drug (AZ), Haggen (OR, WA), Hilander (IL), Kroger (AZ, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, NC, OH, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV), Market Basket (MA, NH), Quality Food Center - Fresh Fare (OR, WA), Ralphs - Ralphs Fresh Fare (CA), Sam's Clubs (national), Scotts (IN), Smith's - Smith's Marketplace (AZ, ID, MT, NM, NV, UT, WV), Stop & Shop (NJ, NY), Top Food (WA), Waldbaum's (NY), Walmart (national), Weis (MD, NJ, NY, PA). This is not a complete list. See the eFoodAlert list for additional distribution information.
- Allergy Alert: Metro, Inc. (Toronto, ON) recalls Selection brand Iced Chocolatey Donuts, (330 g packages bearing UPC 0 59749 89300 8), due to the presence of undeclared milk and egg ingredients. The recalled product was sold in Ontario and Québec. One allergic reaction to the product has been reported.
- Food Safety Alert (Italy): Gros Cidac supermarket chain warns consumers that Hague (AIA S.p.a. ) chicken and turkey sausages, Lot #L 7911182, may contain fragments of plastic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0089): Salmonella spp. (presence /25g) in frozen pork caul fat from Spain; distributed in Greece.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0090): Traces of milk ingredient (casein) in dark chocolate from Belgium; distributed in Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0091): Amitraz in fresh pears from Turkey; distributed in Bulgaria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0093): Cadmium (0.97 mg/kg - ppm) in crab (Cancer pagurus) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0095): Foreign body in raisins from Turkey; distributed in Germany.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0099): Undeclared sesame (138 mg/kg - ppm) in pistachio snack from Greece; distributed in Cyprus.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Food Safety Recall (Hong Kong): The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) advises consumers that certain Daniele, Inc. ready-to-eat meats that may be contaminated with Salmonella have been imported into Hong Kong. CFS has alerted the food trade to stop selling these products, and advises consumers not to eat the recalled meats.
Latin America & Caribbean
- Food Safety Alert (Haiti): FDA warns people in Haiti not to eat unripe ackee fruit, or certain parts of the ripe fruit, because naturally occurring toxins in them can cause sickness or death. There are several ackee orchards in the vicinity of Port au Prince.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.