If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert: Rudolph Foods (San Bernardino, CA) recalls 39 cases of Pepe’s Louisiana Hot Gigante Cracklins, 3,537 cases of 7-Select Louisiana Hot Onion Rings and 420 cases of Rudolph’s Louisiana Hot OnYums, because the products may contain undeclared milk. The recalled Cracklins were distributed in Southern California; the Onion Rings and OnYums were sold in California, Nevada, Oregon, Arizona and Washington State.
- Food Safety Recall: Adams Farm Slaughterhouse, LLC. (Athol, MA) recalls approximately 2,574 pounds of beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The Massachusetts Department of Health and USDA have identified one illness that is associated with the recalled meat. The beef was distributed to private owners on three separate Massachusetts farms.
- Food Safety Recall: HP Hood recalls select Heluva Good branded 8 oz. plastic cup containers of Cold Pack Cheese Food after the State of Wisconsin detected Listeria monocytogenes in several finished product samples processed by the co-packer that produces Heluva Good products on behalf of HP Hood. The recalled items were distributed in stores – including Wegmans – in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont and Rhode Island.
- Food Safety Recall: The Kroger Co. alerts its customer to the recall of Mr. Dell's Shredded Hash Browns, 64 oz., due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled product was sold in Kingsoopers stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Brookshire's Food & Pharmacy has recalled all code dates of Food Club 30 oz. Shredded Hash Browns (UPC-3680006530) and 28 oz. O’Brien Potatoes (UPC-3680006299) as a precaution. An unrelated (non Food Club brand) sample from the same manufacturer tested positive for the bacterium Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Alert: Food City advises that ValuTime Duplex Sandwich Cookies 14 oz. have been recalled by the manufacturer. No details have been provided.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Paul W. Marks Company Inc. (Everett, MA) that an inspection of the company's distribution facility revealed serious violations of the Seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Village Cannery of Vermont, Inc. (Barre, VT) that two inspections of the company's applesauce processing facility determined that Village Cannery manufactured and offered for sale applesauce products that were adulterated within the meaning of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. FDA lab analysis of applesauce samples taken during the inspections detected the presence of patulin, a toxin produced by molds that may grow on apples.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kødgrossisten recalls a number of processed beef products after Listeria monocytogenes was detected in a sample of one product. The recalled beef products were sold to canteens, hotels, institutions and caterers.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kokken og Køkkenhaven ApS- Fields og Flavor recalls a number of soup products because some packages have bulged. The recalled items were sold in Irma, Super Best, and Hour Net across the country, and Rævhede Natural Products Aabybro.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0025): Salmonella in fish meal from Latvia; distributed in Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0026): Dead mouse in paprika crisps from Germany; distributed in Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0027): Aflatoxins in salted and roasted almonds from the United States; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0028): Benzo(a)pyrene in pumpkin seed oil from Austria, with raw material from China, via Hungary; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0029): High iodine content in dried seaweed from the Republic of Korea; distributed in Austria.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.