- Food Safety Recall: Bao Ding Seafood recalls boiled Horse Mackerel, because this uneviscerated fish has the potential to be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum. The recalled product was sold in New York State.
- Food Product Withdrawal: Food City advises that Food Club Shredded Hash Browns 30 oz Pouch has been recalled. No details are given. A similar product (ShopRite Southern Style Hash Browns –32 oz.) was recalled by ShopRite earlier this week, because of the risk of Listeria monocytogenes contamination.
- FDA Food Seizure: FDA seizes more than $1 million worth of food from Won Feng Trading Company, a Nashville food processor and warehouse to prevent the distribution of rodent-infested foods. FDA took the action after Won Feng Trading failed to correct serious sanitation and pest control deficiencies that were pointed out in a Warning Letter issued in May 2009.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0012): Unauthorised colour Sudan 1 in tandoori and paprika powder from India; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0013): Triazophos (pesticide) in padval (cucumber-like vegetable) from India; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0014): Triazophos and oxydemeton-methyl (pesticides) in fresh curry leaves from India; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0015): Salmonella typhimurium in hazelnut kernels from Turkey; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0016): Chlorpyriphos (pesticide) in oranges from Turkey; distributed in Lithuania
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (Australia): Mani Fold Food Trading Pty Ltd recalls YAFANG Red Bean Jelly Popsicle (Best before 6 July 2011) because the product contains undeclared milk powder. The recalled popsicles were distributed only in New South Wales.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please submit your request using the link on our sidebar.