If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert (Retail Distribution): USDA posts retail distribution list for Pepe's Gigante Louisiana Hot Sauce Flavored Cracklins, which was recalled on January 9, 2010 due to the presence of undeclared milk in the product.
- Food Safety Recall: Nurture, Inc. recalls selected varieties and date codes of HAPPYTOT Stage 4 and HAPPYBABY Stage 1 and Stage 2 pouch meals with date codes expiring between November 2010 and January 2011. These products are being recalled due to a packaging defect that potentially could cause the pouches to swell or leak, indicating potential bacterial contamination. There has been one customer complaint and no illness reports.
- Allergy Alert: Provigo Saint-Urbain (Montreal, QC) recalls "Rouleaux Imperiaux avec riz frit" (Imperial rolls with fried rice) because the product contains undeclared milk protein. All production lots bearing a packaging date up to an including 12 janvier 2010 are included in this Allergy Alert.
- Food Spoilage Alert (Denmark): Dansk Supermarked withdraws Old Mill Grove Pitabrød, 390g. (Best before 23 MAR 2010), produced by Eghoyan's Pitta Bakery Ltd. after mold is detected in several packages.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0030): Mercury in frozen swordfish fillets from Spain; distributed in France
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0031): Ochratoxin A in red wine in bulk from Italy; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0032): Unauthorised colours Rhodamine B and Orange II in dried ground chilli pepper from Ireland; distributed in the United Kingdom.
Asia, Africa & The Pacific
- Seafood Toxin Alert (Hong Kong): The Centre for Food Safety has warned consumers, wholesalers and the Kai Bo Food Supermarket (Kowloon) that a recent sample of prepackaged frozen half-shell scallop sample was found to contain Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) toxin, at a level of 114 micrograms/100 grams. Consumers are advised not to eat this product.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.