If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Allergy Alert (Retail Distribution): USDA posts updated retail distribution list for recent recall by Rudolph Foods of "Pepe's Gigante Louisiana Hot Sauce Flavored Cracklins" due to undeclared milk protein.
- Food Quality Product Withdrawal: Lakeside Foods (Owatonna, MN) withdraws Meijer Cream Style Corn (lot #NHA9039 007 033 6 Best By Dec 2012) due to several consumer reports of watery product. The affected product can be returned to a local Meijer store for a refund.
- Pet Treat Safety Warning: FDA is warning consumers not to use Merrick Beef Filet Squares for dogs distributed by Merrick Pet Care with a package date of "Best By 111911" because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The dog treats were distributed nationwide through retail stores and over the Internet. FDA detected a Salmonella-positive sample in December 2009, and a follow-up inspection revealed deficiencies in the packaging and manufacturing processes. Consumers are advised to discard the product.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Tulip Food Company recalls sausage due to errors in printed expiry date.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0033): Glass fragments in mayonnaise from Poland; distributed in Greece and Spain.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0034): Listeria monocytogenes (presence /25g) in single feed for dogs from the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0035): Listeria monocytogenes (presence /25g) and Salmonella (O:7 /25g) in single feed for dogs from the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0036): Salmonella (presence /25g) in single feed for dogs from the Netherlands; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0037): Too high content of E 200 - sorbic acid (food additive) in dried pitted prunes manufactured in the Slovak Republic, with raw material from Argentina; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0039): Unauthorised streptomycin in honey from Mexico; distributed in the United Kingdom.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.