If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link.
- Food Safety Recall: Huntington Meat Packing Inc. (Montebello, CA) recalls approximately 864,000 pounds of beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. According to USDA, the problem was discovered during a Food Safety Assessment (FSA) by USDA (Food Safety and Inspection Service) personnel. The assessment led to a further examination of the plant's records, resulting in this recall. The USDA investigation is ongoing. The recalled beef products were processed between January 5, 2010, and January 15, 2010, and were shipped to distribution centers, restaurants, and hotels within the State of California. No illnesses have been reported.
- Food Safety Recall: Giant Eagle recalls Giant Eagle brand and Food Club brand frozen loose Hash Browns after an independent lab confirms several samples contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The Hash Browns were processed by Mr. Dell Farms, Inc. (Kearney, MO).
- Food Safety Recall: Calgary Co-op Oakridge Centre recalls bulk bakery products, bulk food items and packaged cheeses, which may contain small metal objects. The recall covers items purchased since January 15, 2010. The contamination is the result of a tampering incident. Calgary Co-op has notified the Calgary Police Department, which has initiated a criminal investigation.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Højer Pølser A/S recalls Smoked Salmon Filets (Production Dates for the period 28.11.2009 - 06.01.2010; Best before dates in the period 29.02.2010-06.04.2010) after the company's own monitoring program detects Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled filets were sold – either as whole filets or pieces – in: INCO Brondby, Lynhjems Eftf Elsinore, SuperBrugsen, Rødekro, Rudbøl Grænsekro.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kokken og Køkkenhaven ApS- Fields og Flavor recalls four flavors of Organic Soups due to leaky packaging. The recalled soup products were sold at Hour Net and Super Best shops in the Greater Copenhagen area and at Portalen i Greve (Greve Arts & Music House)
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Dansk Supermarked recalls Chicken breast fillets (Packs of 450g; Production Date 06/01/2010; Expiry date 17.01.2010), produced by Wiesenhof in Germany and sold through Net-shops after Salmonella was found in this production lot.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0049): Salmonella infantis in chocolate cakes with marshmallow on top from Serbia; distributed in Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0050): Salmonella Virchow in frozen black tiger scampi skewer from Vietnam; distributed in Norway.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0051): Salmonella Newport in Nile perch from Uganda; distributed in Germany.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.