If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: McCormick & Company, Incorporated recalls McCormick Fajitas Seasoning Mix, with UPC Code 5210002121 and "BEST BY" dates of JAN 16 12 AH and JAN 16 12 CH, because the packages contain undeclared wheat and milk ingredients.
- Food Recall: Top Food & Drug recalls all lots of Haggen Taco Shells, 12 ct
- (UPC: 2698429082) because of sporadic premature rancidity.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Safety Recall: US Oftalmi recalls Over-the-Counter Eye Drops and Nasal Drops because conditions of the manufacturing facility prevent assurance of product sterility. The recall includes: Camolyn Homeopathic, Camolyn Plus, Naphazoline + Chamomile 15mL, Camolyn Refresh 15mL, Camolyn-A, Naphazoline + Pheniramine 15 mL, and Fisiolin Nasal Drops Sodium Chloride Pediatric Uses 15mL.
- Allergy Alert (Update): Hempola Inc. (Barrie, ON) recalls Hempola brand Gluten Free Hempseed Flour because the flour contains undeclared wheat gluten. The recalled product was distributed nationally.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Health Canada advises consumers that Allreds Design Baby Bracelets and Pacifier Clips contain lead levels in excess of federal standards and have been recalled. The USA-manufactured products were sold in Canada from June 2008 to February 2010. Allreds Design (the manufacturer) received one report of a 10-month-old child in the United States with elevated lead levels. No Canadian illnesses have been reported.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Dorset Cereals recalls Simply Fruity Muesli with a 'best before' date of January 2011 and batch codes of MJ0075 and MJ0088, because the product contains Brazil nuts and hazelnuts that are not mentioned on the product label.
- Food Safety Alert (Italy): Lombardy Region warns consumers that botulinum toxin has been detected in Minestrone Pronto Fresco Alta Gastronomia Arturo Vogliazzi “Primavera di verdure”. Persons who purchased this product are requested to turn it over to the health authorities.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): MakroBios Oy Ab recalls Qi Organic Fair Trade green tea (Best before date and batch number P300409E 30/10/11 30/10/11 61806363) because the tea was found to contain hexachlorobenzene in excess of the permitted limit.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0433): Salmonella in precooked frozen tuna from Côte d'Ivoire; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0434): Benzo(a)pyrene in smoked sprats in oil from Latvia, via the Czech Republic; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0435): Carbendazim (pesticide) in green pepper from Syria; distributed in Cyprus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0436): Histamine in tuna fillets in oil from Portugal; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0437): Listeria monocytogenes in cooked ham from Germany; distributed in France.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.