If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Rainbow Acres Farm (Kinzers, PA) that an investigation by the agency has determined that Rainbow Acres is ". . . causing to be delivered into interstate commerce, selling, or otherwise distributing raw milk in final package form for human consumption," in violation of the Public Health Service Act and the implementing regulations.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: DM Merchandising (Chicago, IL) recalls Silver-coloured Necklace with Flip Flop Pendant (UPC 722950093054) due to the presence of lead in excess of Canadian standards. The recalled pendants (Made in China) were distributed across Canada, beginning in 2003.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Inco Denmark amba recalls minced pork (best before 15-04-10), because the pork is contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled product was sold to caterers in Copenhagen.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0487): Salmonella spp. in live snails (Eobania vermiculata) from Tunisia; distributed in Italy.
- Allergy Alert and Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0488): Cadmium and undeclared gluten in baby food with carrot from Serbia; distributed in Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0490): Mercury in vacuum packed swordfish fillets (Xiphias gladius) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0491): Tau-fluvalinate (pesticide) in sweet peppers from Morocco; distributed in Hungary.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0492): Quintozene (pesticide) and too high level of hexachlorobenzene in long yellow peppers from Morocco; distributed in Hungary.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Hong Kong): The Centre for Food Safety warns consumers not to eat certain batches of Jean Caby pre-packaged cocktail sausages which are suspected to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled sausages, a product of France, were available in the "great Food Hall" supermarket, but have been removed from sale.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.