If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Alert: Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture suspends raw milk sales permit of Pasture Maid Creamery in Lawrence County and urges consumers not to drink raw milk from this dairy after detecting Campylobacter in milk samples from Pasture Maid Creamery. The state's Department of Health has received reports of consumers who became ill after drinking raw milk from Pasture Maid Creamery.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Th. Olesen Import A / S recalls First Price Paprika (Best Before 06/09/2011) after shards of glass were found in the product.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Siam House Ltd. recalls several jellies (manufactured in Thailand, Malaysia and Taiwan) that contain the gelling agents agar and/or carrageenan, because the size and consistency of the jellies represents a choking hazard.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0438): Prohibited substance hexachlorobenzene in organic green tea from China, via the United Kingdom; distributed in Finland.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0439): Unauthorised novel food ingredient epimedium and unauthorised substance tadalafil in food supplement from the United States, via the United Kingdom; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0440 - 2010.0443): Aflatoxins in pistachio nuts in shell from the United States, via Belgium; distributed in Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0444): Tau-fluvalinate (pesticide) in sweet peppers from Morocco; distributed in Hungary.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0445): Suffocation risk as a result of the consumption (clumps) of ready to eat preparation: apple with bananas and millet flakes from Germany; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0446): Histamine (10000 mg/kg - ppm) in tuna fillets in oil from Portugal; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0447): Unauthorised irradiation of and unauthorised use of colour E 127 - erythrosine in food supplement from the United States, via the United Kingdom; distributed in Finland.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0448): Benzo(a)pyrene (0.8; 0.7 mg/kg - ppm) in and migration of primary aromatic amines (aniline hydrochloride: 1710; 1680 µg/l) from rubber bulb produced in Taiwan of a gravy spraying device manufactured in Germany; distributed in Germany.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.