If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Del Bueno (Grandview, WA) recalls all size packages of Queso Fresco Fresh Cheese (all codes up to and including May 30, 2010) because it has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Washington State reports that one illness has been linked to consumption of the cheese. The recalled items were distributed to retail markets in Washington and to one retail market in Hermiston, Oregon. Del Bueno's Queso Fresco is made using pasteurized milk.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Tomaso's Specialty Foods (Blue Lake, CA) that an August 2009 inspection of the company's facilities revealed serious violations of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulation for foods and violations of nutritional labeling regulations.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall (Update): Ronor International Inc. (Montreal, QC) recalls Eyeglass Cases For Children, model #E5027-RPU, because the paint on the cases contains lead in excess of federal safety standards. The recalled items were manufactured in China and in Costco stores across Canada, Sears stores in Quebec and other optical stores across Canada during the January-March 2010 period.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Inco Denmark amba recalls Rødvinskam brand pork loin, marinated in red wine (Best Before 12-04-2010) after Salmonella is detected in a sample of the product. The recalled meat was distributed to wholesalers and catering companies.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): WP Meat ApS recalls several varieties of minced meats after Salmonella is detected in a sample of the meat. The recalled minced meats were distributed to wholesale supermarkets, restaurants, cafes, Gourmet and various institutional kitchens.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0431): Traces of milk ingredient in food supplement from the United Kingdom; distributed in Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0427): Carbon monoxide treatment of tuna tenderloins from Vietnam, via the Netherlands; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0428): Unauthorised novel food ingredient Cnidium monnieri and novel food ingredient epimedium in food supplement from the Netherlands; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0429): Mercury in shortfin mako (Isurus oxyrinchus) from Portugal; distributed in Italy.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0430): Salmonella in fish meal from Latvia, via the Slovak Republic; distributed in Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0432): Procymidone (pesticide) in fresh green paprika from Turkey; distributed in Bulgaria, France and Germany.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.