If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: MiDAS Foods International (Oak Park, MI) recalls Instant Beef Soup dry mix and Instant Beef Stroganoff sauce mix because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled products, which contain hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors, were distributed to foodservice establishments in Florida and Tennessee.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0508): Salmonella Give in dog chew from Poland; distributed in Sweden.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0510): Undeclared lactose in gluten-free biscuits with chocolate from Poland, via the Slovak Republic; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0511): Salmonella Javiana in frozen marinated beef steaks from Germany; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0512): Toluene in vanillin for desserts from Norway; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0513): Foreign body (small light brown particles) in still mineral water from Lithuania; distributed in Latvia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0514): Undeclared iodine and high content of iodine in dried seaweed from China; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0515): Aflatoxins in ground nutmeg from India; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0516): Salmonella spp. in chilled pork from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0517): Dead molluscs (unfit for human consumption) mixed with live molluscs (Mytilus edulis) from Denmark; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0518): Metal fragments in cheese from France; distributed in Andorra, France and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0509): Absence of health mark on chilled pork from Austria; distributed in Italy.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Advisory (Republic of China): A shipment of frozen pork ribs imported from the United States was destroyed, according to The China Post, after the meat was found to contain the banned substance ractopamine, a drug put in feed to make pigs raised for meat leaner.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.