If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Discount School Supply (Monterey, CA) recalls Double Egg Shakers (manufactured in Taiwan), because surface paint on the red eggs contains excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard. The recalled items were sold in Discount School Supply stores nationwide from April 2009 through December 2009.
- Allergy Alert: Cuisine Bern-Art Inc. (LaSalle, QC) recalls Cuisine Bernart brand Cabbage Rolls, because the product contains undeclared soy protein. The recalled items were distributed in the province of Québec and may have been repackaged at retail or sold at deli counters.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall: Health Canada is warning Canadians that an unauthorized health product, "Slim-30" distributed in Ontario and Quebec by Duxx Enterprises Inc., contains an undeclared pharmaceutical ingredient similar to the prescription drug, sibutramine. Use of Slim-30 could result in serious side-effects. Duxx has initiated a voluntary recall, and Health Canada is working with the Canada Border Services Agency to prevent additional shipments of Slim-30 from being imported into Canada.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Artcraft Company, Inc. (Concord, ON) recalls "Beedazzled" Plastic Charm Bracelets (manufactured in China), because the bracelets contain lead in excess of the allowable limit. The recalled items were sold in Canada from September 2007 to May 2008.
- Allergy Alert: ASDA recalls ASDA Prawn Coleslaw with a 'best before' date of 5 May 2010, after the product was found to have been packed using a Garlic and Herb Coleslaw lid (300g) by mistake. The Garlic and Herb lid does not declare the presence of seafood in the coleslaw.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Gaec La Grange recalls Bleu du Vercors - Sassenage cheese after microbiological testing detects Listeria monocytogenes in a sample of the cheese. The recalled cheese was sold by the slice between April 8th and April 20 in various retail establishments in Drôme and at Leclerc d'Echirolles in Isère.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Harboe Farm A / S recalls minced pork and minced pork & veal (Best Before 11 April 2010 and 12 April 2010) after Salmonella is detected in a sample. The recalled minced meat products are no longer available for sale, but consumers should check their freezers and discard any remaining meat identified in this recall notice.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Boasam and Jing Hua Shop recall dried seaweed from China marked "Dried doing / varch sec" brand "Dayat", sold in 50g pack and manufactured by Golden Banyan Foodstuffs Industry Co.., Ltd., China, because the seaweed contains high levels of undeclared naturally occuring iodine. This product also is sold in Germany.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Apetit Kala Oy recalls sliced, vacuum-packaged Apetit brand cold-smoked rainbow trout fillets, expiry date 05/10/2010, after company testing detected Listeria monocytogenes in a sample of the smoked trout.
- Food Safety Update (EU #2010.0512): Toluene in vanillin for desserts from Norway; distributed in Croatia, Italy and Slovenia (updated with additional distribution information).
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0519): Dioxins in feed for laying hens from the Netherlands; distributed in Germany and the Netherlands.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0520): Too high content of vitamin D in multi vitamin food supplement from Belgium; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Labeling Notification (EU #2010.0521): Absence of labelling on yoghurt from Belgium; distributed in France.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0522): Undeclared sulphite in bell peppers stuffed with cabbage dispatched from the Slovak Republic; distributed in the Czech Republic.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.