If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Zatarain’s recalls Zatarain’s Original Dirty Rice Mix, 8 oz. package with UPC Code 7142909535 and a “BEST BY” date of JAN 19 12H. Zatarain’s Original Dirty Rice Mix packages with this date code contain undeclared wheat and barley ingredients.
- Allergy Alert: The Glutino Food Group recalls of Glutino Raisin Bread (Best Before 08OCT10) being sold in the U.S. that contains undeclared egg product.
- FDA Legal Action: The U. S. Department of Justice, in an action initiated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, is seeking a permanent injunction against Chung's Products LP ("Chung's"), an egg roll manufacturer in Houston,Charlie A. Kujawa, the company's president, and Gregory S. Birdsell, the firm's director of quality assurance. FDA initiated the action after repeated warnings to the company went unheeded. Chung's shrimp egg rolls are sold in grocery stores and large retail stores nationwide.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Bauer Hockey Inc. recalls Youth and Junior Hockey Sticks, Shafts, and Blades because the paint and decals contain excessive levels of lead, violating the federal lead paint standard.
- Allergy Alert: Hempola Inc. recalls all lot codes of the Hempola brand Gluten Free Hempseed Flour, sold in 454 g packages bearing UPC 6 23188 78923 1, due to the presence of undeclared wheat gluten.
- Allergy Alert: Garlic King recalls Garlic King brand Flavour Intensifier is sold in 227 g, 454 g and 681 g packages with no UPC (all“Made Fresh on” dates up to and including 3-30-10), due to the presence of undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Recall: Silani Sweet Cheese Ltd. recalls Silani brand Mozzarella Cheese Product, sold in 340 g packages bearing UPC 0 650525 7 and a Best Before date of 2011 MR 01, because the cheese product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled cheese was sold in Ontario and Québec.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Frabels Inc. recalls various Antique Brass, Silver-coloured, and Pewter Pendants, due to excessive lead levels. The products were manufactured in Canada and China and sold in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Québec.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Ronor International recalls Children's Eyeglass Cases, Model E5027-RPU , due to excessive lead levels. The recalled items were sold in Costco Canada warehouse stores.
- Personal Care Product Recall (Netherlands): Kruidvat recalls Kruidvat Intimate Soap Free Foam (barcode 8717333068325 and batch code 710-0020), because some packages contain a bacterium that is potentially harmful to those suffering from a weakened immunity.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0415): Listeria spp in frozen pangasius fillets (Pangasius hypophthalmus) from Vietnam; distributed in Romania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0416): Cadmium (heavy metal) in deepfrozen salsifies from Belgium, with raw material from the Netherlands; distributed in Belgium.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0417): Migration of cadmium from ceramic plate from China, via Denmark; distributed in Austria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0419): Mould growth in sesame paste with walnuts (Helva) from Turkey; distributed in Austria, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0420): Unauthorised use of o-phenylphenol in cheese from France; distributed in Switzerland.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.