If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Sushi On a Roll, Inc. (San Diego, CA) that an August 2009 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Anex Imports Ltd. (Edmonton, AB) recalls Silver-coloured Necklace with Large Cross or Peace Sign Pendant (manufactured in China) because the jewelry contains lead in excess of the allowable limit. The recalled products were sold in dollar stores across Canada
- Food Recall (Belgium): Blédina recalls Blédichef (8 mois) Haricots verts Poulet (expiry date of 20 avril 2011), because a supplier inadvertently furnished peas for general consumption instead of peas for baby food.
- Food Safety Alert (Republic of Ireland): The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) is investigating an on-going outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium DT8 linked to the consumption of duck eggs in Ireland. Consumers are warned to only consume eggs that have been thoroughly cooked. Six illnesses have been confirmed as of April 23, 2010.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0505): Salmonella in chilled pork trimmings from Germany; distributed in Sweden.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0507): Migration of primary aromatic amines (8463.0 µg/kg - ppb) from whisks from China, via the United Kingdom; distributed in Ireland.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall (Hong Kong): Quality Pharmaceutical Laboratory Ltd. recalls the following list of products, because the products failed a disintegration time test: Ampicin-125 Tablet (HK-24543), Ampicin-250 Tablet (HK-24542), Amoxycillin 250mg Tablet (HK-45567), Diphylline 200mg Tablet (HK-05025), Senoside 7.5mg Tablet (HK-49402), Qualiafin Tablet (HK-45961) and Simethacone 80mg Tablet (HK-35757).
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.