If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Kraft Canada recalls Kraft Tartar Sauce (Best before 10 OC 02 and 10 OC 08), due to the presence of undeclared egg.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Carsten Miller Food recalls "kalve cuvette" because Salmonella Dublin was discovered in the meat. The recalled product was sold to wholesalers in Jutland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0461): Salmonella sp. and Salmonella Schwarzengrund in pork loins from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0462): Profenofos, prothiofos and omethoate (pesticide residues) in chili peppers from Thailand; distributed in Belgium.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0463): Undeclared soya in smoked pork shoulder rolls from Poland; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0464): Unauthorised sweetener E 952 - cyclamate in mayonnaise from the Russian Federation; distributed in Latvia and Lithuania.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0465): Undeclared celery in grilled chicken flavoured noodle instant soup from Vietnam, via the Czech Republic; distributed in Slovakia.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0466): Colour migration and too high level of total migration from silicone cake forms from Hong Kong; distributed in Bulgaria, Cyprus and Greece.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0467): Migration of chromium from metallic grill from China, via Switzerland; distributed in Greece.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0468): Deterioration of and too high level of total migration from cake mould from China; distributed in Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0469): Cadmium in frozen Todarodes pacificus from China; distributed in Italy.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Products Recall (Hong Kong): Julius Chen & Co (HK) Ltd recalls additional imported non-presecription pharmaceutical products that were packaged without a manufacturing license.
- Pharmaceutical Products Recall (Hong Kong): Neochem Pharmaceutical Laboratories Ltd. recalls two more products were found to contain lower than registered content of their active ingredients.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.