If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Beltex Corporation (Fort Worth, TX) recalls approximately 135,500 pounds of Frontiers Meat brand beef trim products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. The recalled beef trims were distributed to wholesalers and other federal establishments in the states of Georgia, Louisiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas, Washington and Wisconsin.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Recall: Giant® Food Stores advises consumers that LITTLE TUMMY LAXATIVE DROPS have been recalled by the manufacturer because the tamper-evident seal may not be fully sealed.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency advises consumers that Spike Instant All Purpose Seasoning (Lot 10A12) and Spike Vegit Magic Gourmet Seasoning (Lot 9L16) have been recalled by the US manufacturer because they contain hydrolyzed vegetable protein supplied by Basic Food Flavors and may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): Starfruit Company recalls Haricots Verts (Bobby) Egypte Cat I, 500g (imported from Egypt), because the beans contain ethion (pesticide) residues in excess of the permitted levels.
- Vitamin Safety Recall (Finland): Verman Oy Ab recalls Minisun D-vitaminitipat Drops, 20 ml because of defective labeling and possible product stability problems.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0493): Unauthorised sulphite in sausages from Bulgaria; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0494): Oxamyl (pesticide) in green beans from Morocco; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0495): Omethoate (pesticide) in rose apples from Thailand; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0496): Unauthorised phenylbutazone (veterinary medicine residue) in horse meat from the United Kingdom; distributed in France and the UK.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0497): Unauthorised use of E 450(i) - disodium diphosphate in minced poultry and beef meat for kebab from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0498): Unauthorised yohimbine in food supplement from the United States; distributed in Cyprus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0499): Metal pieces in salami sausage from Germany; distributed in Germany.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.