If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Kings Delight recalls Coleman Breaded Tender, 8oz box UPC (73586-11167) due to the presence of undeclared milk. The product was sold in the frozen foods section of Publix supermarkets, and may also have been sold in other retail grocery stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Bass Pro Shops® recalls one lot of Uncle Buck's® Beer Batter Mix Lightly-Seasoned, because the product was received from a supplier that used crushed black pepper that may have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): USDA posts updated retail distribution list for ready-to-eat (RTE) beef taquito and chicken quesadilla products that have been recalled by Windsor Foods.
- Food Safety Recall: Canadian Food Inspection Agency alerts consumers that Jardi BBQ Peanuts have been recalled by the Canadian manufacturer because they were manufactured using hydrolyzed vegetable protein that may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Unauthorized Health Product Alert: Health Canada warns consumers that that an unauthorized health product, West Pharm Therma Lean Fat Burner Energizer was found on the Canadian market. West Pharm Therma Lean Fat Burner Energizer contains Ephedrine and caffeine, which combined together, may cause serious and possibly fatal adverse effects. Canadians suffering from heart conditions, high blood pressure and diabetes are among those particularly at risk. The product was distributed across Canada via the internet by Nutrition First (www.nutritionfirst.ca), a company located in Nova Scotia.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): WP Meat A/S recalls sliced, salted roast pork because the meat may contain Salmonella. The recalled ready-to-eat pork was sold to wholesale and catering companies in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0407): Folpet (pesticide) in lettuce from Italy; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0408): Suspicion of Clostridium botulinum in soyadrink from Austria; distributed in Austria and Spain.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall (EU #2010.0409): Migration of formaldehyde from kitchen utensil (cooking spoon) from Hong Kong; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0410): Salmonella group B in chilled poultry roast with spinach from Italy; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0411): Salmonella spp. in frozen turkey wings from Hungary; distributed in Romania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0412): Parasitic infestation with nematodes (6 dead larvae) of frozen lucioperca fillet from the Russian Federation; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0413): Glass fragments in yoghourt from Spain; distributed in Luxembourg.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0414): Captan (pesticide) in baby food (apple/raspberry) from the Slovak Republic; distributed in Hungary.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Dietary Supplement Recall (Hong Kong): Hong Kong Department of Health warns consumers to avoid buying or using the slimming products LiPO-4 Cap, LiPO-8 Cap and Glucomi 600 Cap respectively as they were found to contain sibutramine, which may cause serious side effects.
- Fraudulent Product Seizure (Malaysia): Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Ministry (KPDNKK) officers raided a warehouse and seized 1,000 sacks of fake creamer meant for export to the Thai market.
Australia and New Zealand
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall (Australia): Spirit Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd recalls AMLO 10 tablets (10mg amlodipine), Blister packs of 30 tablets (Batch No. AR169; Expiry date NOV 11), because the batch may contain the lower dose AMLO 5 tablets (5mg amlodipine) instead.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.