If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Pet Product Safety Recall: Response Products (Broken Bow, NE) recalls Advanced Cetyl M Joint Action Formula for Dogs, lot numbers 1210903 and 0128010, due to a possible Salmonella contamination from the hydrolyzed vegetable protein component provided by Basic Foods of Las Vegas, NV.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Cut Fruit Express, Inc. that a December 2009 inspection of the company's revealed serious violations of the juice Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practices regulation.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Wisconsin Brother's Bakery, Inc. (dba Lehmann's Bakery) that a September 2009 inspection of the company's facility revealed violations of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) and its implementing regulations, resulting in the company's Kringle products being misbranded.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Double Diamond Distributors (Saskatoon, SK) recalls Cupcake Shoe Tag for Dawgs Clogs because the tags contain high levels of lead. The Made-in-China products were distributed in British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Voldsted recalls raw sausage because of Salmonella contamination. The recalled meat was distributed to butchers, sandwich shops and other processors on Zealand.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (Hong Kong): Julius Chen & Co (HK) Ltd recalls Puricos 300mg Tablet (HK-31027) because the company was found to have packaged the South Africa-manufactured product without a manufacturing license.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall: Montefiore Cheese (Aust) P/L recalls Montefiore Cheese Mozzarella Fiorello (Best Before 17.06.10 and 19.06.10; 400g and 1kg), due to Salmonella contamination. The recalled cheese was sold in IGA – Metcash, Corner stores, Delis, Oz Fresh, Independent Supermarkets and Food Service companies in New South Wales, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and West Australia.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.